Change can be both good and bad, but is inevitable in life regardless. Use this worksheet to take the time and think through the change you are facing either now or in the future, which will aid in making the change itself and your emotions around it more manageable.
Dealing with Change
This worksheet comes from Mental Health America’s Mental Health Month 2021 Toolkit
Below is a sample version of the activity from the worksheet. Try it out.
An exercise in dealing with change
- Describe the big change you are facing and what it means for your life.
- List out any emotions from this list that come up when you think about this change.
- What’s worrying you or making you nervous about the change?
- What excites you or is positive about this big change?
- Write down any skills, activities, or strengths that have helped you cope with change in the past, big or small.
- What are the strengths, resources, or situations that exist today that could help you feel more confident that everything will be ok following this change?